Sunday, March 18, 2007

Starbucks

The Fragrant aroma of coffee and other beverages being brewed and concocted greet me as I open the door. When that wonderful scent enters your nose, you begin to feel the energy. Maybe it is because everyone in this place is drinking caffeine, making caffeine, or desperate to get caffeine. Even so... As I bend down over a container of beans I am transported back to my house. Two, maybe three Christmases ago, my parents stayed up late to win an auction for an espresso machine on eBay. Upon its arrival at our house, my parents made latees nearly every morning with Peet's house blend. Coffee is what my family loves and one of the ways we love others. Odd how sucha musky scent is like a time machine. Every time I fill my lungs with that wonderful, that delicious fragrance of coffee, hot water, and boiling milk all on the soundtrack of a grinder, I feel comfort. It is familiar to me. This smell doesn't represent a beverage you just splurged on, quite the contrary. It represents the economy of many countries, and a way to bond with others, even if it's just in a crammedkitchen in DeLand Florida, where no illustrious coffee place will ever grace its streets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moose on the loose!
Carmel Apple Cider without the carmel,hot. Love the smell, sound, and essay. I wish there was one here in the country.
Doing the Disco,
The Redheaded Bandit

Unknown said...

ooooo you're making me want coffee!!!

Ginny! said...

Hey Moose on the Loose!
I got your new comment- thanks!
My favorite Starbucks flavor is proabably the banana coconut which they had last summer. The other current one is Java Chip. Venti. :) Gee, if someone gives you a venti Starbucks- why give it up! How do you put links on a blog? I like yours and have several I want to put up. How? Reply on my blog please.

Anonymous said...

you make me crave coffe like i crave to see you smile everyday