Thursday, April 26, 2007

Things You Should Never Do To Yourself

silence
a click
an orange glow
briefly illuminating a face
taking a puff
of grey cancerous smoke

a flickering neon sign
the sound of a door chime
beckon you inside
where a different kind of artist
uses the human body
as his canvas
with needle and ink

the noise of the city
seems far away
in this upscale clinic
where people come in
with one face
and out with another

whoosh!
a note of regret falls to the ground
splat!
a life ends
just like that

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Red head,
I totally agree with you!!! I will never do any of those things.

Anonymous said...

Hey Maddie
Guess what, somebody told the person who runs the Miss Florida Pagent that I would be a good contestant for the Miss America Jr. Teen Florida!!!!!!!! Isn't that crazy?!! I could enter and win! But I don't think my parents or I would want to. The lady who told them about me, her name is Jessica Saul. I don't even know anyone by that name!! Isn't that sooooooo weird?! Well I had to tell you. Did you like the comment I wrote that is above this one? See you at church.

Anonymous said...

i'm not quite sure what it means, but it is very good poetry. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEE it!

Anonymous said...

thats deep... wow...

sophie said...

you should definitely consider a career in writing...are you? you're very good.