Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Summer Slipping Through My Fingers


Wow. I can't believe it. Only a week longer until I must return to school. School, with all of its text books, lockers, room numbers, teachers, homework, events, sports,friends, trips, lunches,etc. Deep down, I love it. There are wonderful people involved in every aspect of my school from admin, to teachers, to friends. But when I'm having such a good time on vacation, I don't wish to return! One thing that lifts my spirits every year is getting new school supplies. New pens, pencils, notebooks, folders, and a new planner. I do a collage over all of my binders, and put pictures on my planner.

The first week of school is going to be great. The first day, all the teachers just hand out the syllabus and tell us "how much fun we're going to have", and then we go home. The next three days for sure are going to be a blast. 9-12 grades go on a rhetoric retreat, so that we can build "new relationships". We go to Camp Kulaqua in Gainesville. There's a spring with a blob, where we spend our afternoons. SO MUCH FUN! Every morning after breakfast, and every evening after dinner, we have sessions where we play games. Also, the drama program puts on skits. Since I am in the drama program, I will be in these skits. I'm really excited because the skits are really funny and our drama class has been planning them for a while now. This is the second time that my school has done this, and I'm really glad that they're doing it again.

So for all you guys who are bummed, depressed, and saddened by the remaining summer time slipping through your fingers, don't let it ruin your day. Sleep in, and relax.

7 comments:

miss fashion said...

ughuhg yess. i hate that summer is almost gone.

Anonymous said...

I like that picture at the top. Did you take that?

cotton candy said...

ah...enjoy your last week as much as possible!! do everything that you can and get as much sleep as you can because once skl starts... ><" eek...like i am now. lol. but in a way, skl is kinda fun ayes?? ^^

The Redheaded Bandit said...

poo poo for you and me!!!!!!!!!

Lyndsay Almeida said...

I came across your blog in my searching...looks like we have a lot in common. I enjoyed reading it!

Drama Chiki said...

I'm SHOCKINGLY loving skool. Meeting new ppl and havin fun! Gonna miss soccer! Tell coach Mac I said Hey! And everyone else too!

Loads of Love,

emilee

the red monster said...

hahaha i am so so so happy i am a red head to sry didn't even read the post saw the title and was hooked!!! o sry your probly wondering who the heck i am! you left a comment telling me to check out your blog now on to the other one : )