Saturday, September 29, 2007

Across the Universe

Ever since I first listened to them in the third grade, I have been a die-hard fan of the Beatles. I have almost all of their albums, and not a week goes by without me listening to at least "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". I viewed all covers of their hits as evil, sacreligious. How did those losers expect to recreate some of the most popular and classic music of the twentieth century??? They had absolutely no hope pf achieving what these great brits did for rock-n-roll. But I was pleasantly surprised to hear of 'Across the universe', a movie about life around the time of the Vietnam war, set to Beatle's tunes. When I first saw the trailer, and heard JIm Sturgess start singing 'Girl', I knew that this was going to be a different story then all of those wanna be coverers.

Evan Rachel Wood and JIm Sturgess protray a couple in the film that reminds me of John and Yoko. With all of their anti-war protests, and free hippie lives while singing Beatle's hits, I was astonishes at the similiarities.

The Soundtrack is entertaining from beginning to end, with songs from 'Hey Jude' and 'All You Need Is Love' to 'Let it Be' and 'Come Together'. Some pleasant surprises include 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' and 'I am the Walrus' sung by Bono, lead singer of U2, and quite possibly one of my favorite rock stars ever!
Here are a couple of photos from the movie:

"All you need is love..."


So, now that you have read this post, go out and BUY THIS SOUNDTRACK! You won't regret it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This trailer for this movie definitely has me interested. Gotta love the music.

Anonymous said...

i want to see this so badly!

molly said...

i view beatles covers as sacrilegious too
so i dont know how ill feel about this movie
but if you did feel that way too and liked the movie
maybe i will
i definitely plan on seeing it

Unknown said...

The movie was amazing though i wasn't thrilled with all the covers i fell in love with Across the Universe, i Want to see it again

sophie said...

BEST MOVIE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

NO JOKE.

Anonymous said...

i like yourself have been a die hard fan since I can remember listening to music and also have hated beatles covers with a passion. I too was pleasantly surprised by across the universe and ended up loving it. just thought i would share that with you
peace :)
suguama

Anonymous said...

i grew up listening to the beatlesbecause my father was a huge fan of them i saw across the universe and loved it i got the soundtrack and am still listening to it i can't fing the movie anywhere! i want it so badly.

Anonymous said...

Or download it for free like me.

Across the universe OST.
http://upload.com.ua/get/900156367